Friday, May 28, 2010

Eye Heart Ewe

I was out walking the dogs last night (and no, that is not an euphemism) and realized that in addition to my heart-shaped sunglasses, I was wearing a white skirt with blue polka-dot hearts and a BFF necklace with not one but two little metal hearts dangling on the chain. I had to ask myself, was this an intentional bid to surround myself with love? And then it hit me, Carrie Bradshaw-style, I am surrounded with love. I feel like a complete unappreciative jerk-face, here I am whining about crappy friends when, shit yo, I don't need them! I don't need them because I've got better friends and I've got a huge amazing family and I have to stop pining for something that is unattainable and take full advantage of the love that is being shoved, lovingly, down my throat not to mention give some love back. Recently I had the honour of seeing my name in the acknowledgments of a friend's new fiction book so I figured that although the scale is much, much smaller I'd like to thank the following people for their unwaivering support or for reconnecting with me when I needed it the most or for just being someone that could make me laugh and momentarily forget my problems; I'll just come out and say it, with every cell of my being I love you all.

MB. Shaun. Dave. Pops. Pam. Troy. Mimi. Keat. Barber. Pa. Crys. Auntie B. The extended Struthers clan. Leah. David and his Beyer Brood. The Greasy Fingers: Gary, Rebekah (GB), Derek (Poppa Corn), Kevin (K-Dawg), Andrew (Eagle) and Stephanie (Fat Ma (don't let the name fool you: she's neither fat nor a ma but she does look like a composite of me and GB)). Kendra (nickname undecided). James. Erica. Fjola. Crystal. Ethan. Damara. Sacha. Shaughnessy. Wes. Laurie. Laura. Claire. Nolan and Mina and baby Alex. Emily. Geoff. Jeff. Pat. Kris.  Catharine. Chris (C-Dubs). Lesley. Gillian. Ken. Kyle. Liane. Neale. Puneet. Sandi. Sarah. And all my Indigo peeps (you know who you are: Leo, Sour Cream and Onion ect.! Haha, I'm soooo funny).

I'm sending lots of love via the magical internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment