Wednesday, August 25, 2010

And We Liked It!

Tonight I was hanging with my sister at my grandpa's when he brought out a photocopied article from the National Post (gag) that he thought I might like, "I Remember When Music Wasn't Crappy"; a lament on the so-called decline in music since the 1950's, the main example being Nickleback.

Now, I would like to step on Chad Kroeger's throat as much as the next person but come on, as if they are representative of all modern music but that is what people, especially old people, freaking love; they love trotting out the old back in my day statements that tell us yootes how times used to be simpler, nicer, better. I am so exhausted of hearing that crap; you know what, I'm so glad that I didn't have to walk four miles to school everyday, in a foot of snow, uphill... both ways; and I'm glad that music has evolved past the I love you, please love me, love is so great, don't ever leave me lyrics of days of yore.

I wish for once that a in my day rant really told things how they were: Back in my day, women didn't vote, heck neither did African Americans* or Aboriginals* *; we were small-minded and prejudiced; we had segregation and the H-Bomb and the McCarthy witch-hunts and Vietnam; we helped wreck the earth and basically we fucked over just about every group of people except white dudes! And we liked it! 


* Usually one of these rants would use a slightly more, ahem, offensive term for African Americans.
** Ditto, for Aboriginals.

No comments:

Post a Comment